'For the person or persons that hold dominion, can no more combine with the keeping up of majesty the running with harlots drunk or naked about the streets, or the performances of a stage player, or the open violation or contempt of laws passed by themselves than they can combine existence with non-existence'.

- Benedict de Spinoza. Political Treatise. 1677.




Wednesday, April 07, 2010

on certainty 395


395. “I know all that.” And that will come out in the way I act and the way I speak about the things in question.



the way I act and the way I speak about things –

in an objective sense is – unknown

what will ‘come out’ of my actions –

is whatever interpretation is ‘placed on’ my actions –

by myself and by others

it’s a question of description –

and there is no definite description


© greg t. charlton. 2010.